Friday, August 16, 2013

 

Where is John Brown When You Need Him?

I posted this response to an idiotic post I saw on Face Book. The post in question follows my reply.

******************************************************

I’ve actually “liked” several pages like this. My fear is, that the old Confederates who warned us about the abuses of an overbearing central government might turn out to be right. Still, calling John Brown, a man who believed that Christ was the Son of God, “THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN TALIBAN,” is so far beyond asinine, I falter at words to describe it! Brown hated the abomination of slavery so much, that he fought and died in an albeit vain hope of securing millions of Americans held in slavery the chance to fight for their own freedom,

I have always said, there is enough honor to go around. Men, like many of my ancestors, fought bravely on both sides of that war and we should respect their devotion to their particular causes.

None of us should need a history lesson explaining that the average Confederate soldier neither owned nor wanted slaves, but most fought because they found Yankees in their back yards. (More than enough reason to fight for your average redneck.) When I listen to the liberals in Washington accuse me of “clinging to guns and religion,” I think, “Amen!” When someone calls Brown and his compatriots “anti-slavery terrorists,” I think, “If fighting for the freedom of millions would qualify me as a “terrorist,” thank you, I’ll just take that as a compliment.” I suppose that line of thinking would make every soldier who killed and died for the freedom of our nation “terrorists.” Sheesh!

I only hope that when this government finally enslaves me and mine, (which seems more and more to be their goal,) there’ll be some crazy, fanatical, wild-eyed “John Brown” out there for us willing to take up arms to aid me in fighting to protect my family‘s freedom! And yours!


***********************************************************************


"Defending the Heritage"




THE ORIGINAL AMERICAN TALIBAN...

Homegrown terrorism started one day, but it wasn’t yesterday.

John Brown an American terrorist financed by New Englanders and... considered a hero by many in the North. Northerners protected some of his associates from prosecution after the Harpers Ferry raid and this obviously did not sit well with Southerners and further fanned the flames of the secession movement.

Brown was no different than the islamo-facists that seek to remake the world in their own images today.

~Robert~

It is on the banks of the Pottawatamie River that John Brown, his sons and anti-slavery terrorists rousted out of bed in the middle of the night, 5 men including fathers and sons and murdered them for the sin of having a divergent opinion.




Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?