Friday, January 10, 2020

 

Imagine

It's that time of year again. Time once again for me to trash one of the worst, anti-God, anti-patriotism, anti-free market, pro-communism, atheistic songs ever written by a over-blown, self-centered, self-indulgent millionaire!

For some reason, that I can't even imagine, (pardon the pun,) many Christians have latched onto this song as a sort of anthem. I've seriously had more than one believer get his/her nose out of joint at me for mocking the maudlin little tune.

I suppose it has a purty-ful melody, a couple of catchy lines and talks inanely about peace on earth. I reckon it's good to listen to when your drunk or stoned and you're enjoying feeling warm and mushy about life. You know, not that you would want to do anything about the world's problems; you just want to feel like you do.

"Imagine Re-imagined"

"Imagine there's no Heaven. It's easy if you try."

Why would I want to try? "No Heaven"? In other words, no angels, no God, no Jesus? No thanks!

"No Hell below us."

So, Hitler, Stalin, and every pedophile in history who never got caught escaped justice?

"Above us only sky."

What? No Glory Land? No mom & dad waiting to greet me? No eternal bliss with Jesus?

"Imagine all the people living for today."

Isn't that our problem today? So many living as if there's no eternity and no Almighty God to whom they'll have to answer.

"You may say I'm a dreamer."

No, I just think you did too many drugs.

"But I'm not the only one."

That's true and it makes me want to cry.

"I hope someday you'll join us."

No, I'll stay with Jesus.

"And the world will live as one."

No, I am in the world, but not of it.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?